Thursday, April 15, 2010

About Me


You're probably wondering why in the world I'd put such an awful picture on the web for all to see.  Well that picture about sums me up. I'm a shoot it to ya straight, no make-up, crazy hair kinda mama. This is what I look like most days. Now I do get a little wild sometimes and wash my hair, put on some make-up and throw on my heels..... but not often. I have serious issues with people that put on masks(I mean this metaphorically, not that their make-up really looks like a mask). You know, those people who are always pretending to be someone that they're not. The ones who truly have degrees in F.A.K.E. Sister that's just not how I roll. Now, enough about the picture. Let me tell you where my heart is.......

This past year and a half has taken me on a journey that I am so thankful for. The Lord has really changed my heart from one of stone to one that longs to know Him more and more. I won't go into details but man oh man has it been rough. I have definitely learned that refinement isn't a day at the spa. It often feels as though you're being set on fire, screaming for someone to drag you out. But if you asked me if I'd go through it all again??????  Boy would I....to know Him...... to love Him more. It's worth every tear that I've cryed and all of the anxiety that I've felt. I'm still not done with my journey and I won't be until He takes me home to His eternal glory but at least now I know that it's a journey that I want to go on.......heartache, hurt, happiness and all.


ON THE LIGHTER SIDE,
I have an amazing(and every other adjective that means amazing) husband. This man puts up with me and it is not an easy task. He loves me for me. I have two sweet little ones. One of whom I homeschool. Did you just laugh??? I thought I heard a chuckle. You're probably thinking this chick has the grammar skills of a monkey(and not one of those smart monkeys that travels up into space). Well, I would have to agree. English is not my strongest subject. I did well enough in English when I was in school but the moment I got out, it's like my brain decided I'd never use it again. Little did my brain know that the Lord would call me to homeschool. I have to say, I am very thankful for Shirley Grammar. Most of my day is spent homeschooling and doing stuff around the house. We run little errands and eat lunch with my honey a couple of times a week. All in all, life is good.

MY HOBBY
Just in case, you didn't know, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY. Well I love anything creative, but I really love photography. I got a camera about 2 years ago for Mother's day. I'm itching to get a new camera but it'll have to wait for now. Most of the pictures I take are of my kids and my friend's kids. My photography is definitely a work in progress. I'll see one photographer's work and think "man my pictures stink" and other times I feel good about the work that I do.

Welcome to my life........in development.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This is a handy dandy website for those of you who love photography as much as I do.









Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio