Friday, April 16, 2010

Curriculum

Well the end of first grade in drawing near. It's been a crazy year for us. One that's made me even more thankful that we homeschool. I'm now going through all sorts of curriculum to figure out what we'll use next year. There are several things that I used this year that I'm very happy with and other things that I can' wait to change. Here's a quick list of the curriculum that we used this year.
Shurley Grammar level 1
Math-U-See Beta
Our Father's World
A Reason for Handwriting
Spelling Workout
Explode the Code
My America and My World-Abeka

The only thing that I really love is Math-U-See and Shurley Grammar. I think I'm going to revamp everything else for second grade. Here's the list of curriculum that I want for next year.

Shurley Grammar level 2
Math-U-See Gamma
Apologia Science Astronomy
Song School Latin
The Phonetic Zoo
Veritas Press History and Bible
Veritas Press Literature
Vintage Remedies for Girls(teaches young girls about natural health)
I'm still not sure about handwriting. 

So there you have it. What we're using. What we'll hopefully use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This is a handy dandy website for those of you who love photography as much as I do.









Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio