Friday, April 16, 2010

Fix It Friday #50

Don't you get so frustrated when you have a beautiful subject, beautiful background and you get home and have a perfect shot yet perfectly underexposed. The folks at iheartfaces have one such picture for fix it Friday. This is the before
Photobucket
and this is the after
Photobucket

I opened the file up in Adobe PS Lightroom 3 Beta 2. To edit this photo I simply upped the exposure and contrast. I'm sure there's a way in Lightroom to clone but I'm new to the program and opened it up in PS Elements to correct blemishes. I then sharpened the picture, reduced the noise and then converted it into black and white.

Head on over to to see how others fixed this photo.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful fix. I love your crop too!

Tiffani said...

Great edit Melissa!! I always love a black and white picture!!!

Melissa said...

Thanks ladies!

Drew said...

That is an awesome black & white. I love it!

Unknown said...

Melissa, to answer your question, I am pretty sure you can use Coffee Shop actions in PSE 6. I am not sure about Florabella . . . she does have actions for Elements, but I don't know which version you need. I'd check her website to find out, but I am thinking you might be able to use them with PSE 6 too.

Melissa said...

Thanks McMom and Drew:)

Anonymous said...

I love the edit. Such a bold black and white! I love that her skin is smoother but not over-sharpened. When I tried, her face turned out too sharp - great job!

Post a Comment

This is a handy dandy website for those of you who love photography as much as I do.









Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio